When engaged by well-established companies and sports teams as their sell-side advisor, we first clarify our clients’ business, financial, and personal objectives. Once all stakeholders have agreed upon the objectives, we formulate a detailed transaction timeline that ends with a successful closing.
Next, we take a proactive approach to ensure that our clients are truly prepared for a transaction. We work with our clients and their other professional advisors to develop a comprehensive business, legal, and financial/accounting due diligence package prior to going to market.
Once our clients are fully prepared, we assess the marketplace and utilize our domain expertise to identify strategic and financial (private equity) buyers. We then launch aggressive (yet confidential) marketing efforts to procure offers from well-financed, pre-screened buyers.
Finally, we leverage our exceptional negotiation skills and transactional experience to help our clients maximize their results and exceed their objectives.
Expansion Sports Teams
At Accelerate Sports, our team has deep experience in working for leagues in establishing expansion franchises in new markets. We serve as the league`s advisor to assemble new ownership groups for expansion teams. In this role, we perform numerous functions:
- Research market to pinpoint optimal set of potential investors
- Negotiate Key business points with lead investor/managing partner
- Assemble supporting partners in ownership group
- Bring “star power” to new ownership groups
- Identify optimal interim and long-term stadium or arena solutions.
- Negotiate partnership between team and venue owner – operator
- Consult on all aspects of process
The convergence of Sports and Technology continues to grow every day. We have carved-out a niche in working with fast-growing, entrepreneurial technology and digital media companies that focus on Sports. Primarily, we serve as the Sell-Side Advisor or perform Capital Raising services for companies that already: (1) generate significant revenues, (2) have raised one or more venture capital rounds, and/or (3) have developed a proven SaaS or recurring revenue business model. The following is a partial list of the types of companies we work with:
- Virtual Reality
- Fantasy Sports
- Second Screen Apps/ In-Game Experience
- Digital Content
Buy-Side M&A – Growth via Acquisition
We work with Sports-related businesses that engage us as their buy-side advisor to develop and execute growth by acquisition strategies. When serving in this role, we perform the following services:
- Prepare a strategic growth plan that sets target acquisition parameters, identifies current internal gaps, assesses market opportunities and targets, and projects financial performance
- Pre-arrange acquisition financing (equity and debt)
- Initiate communications with acquisition targets
- Conduct due diligence on targets
- Negotiate key acquisition terms to facilitate a successful closing
- Duplicate process for our client on future acquisitions
Advisory – Exit Strategy
When first introduced, very few companies are imminently prepared to engage in an M&A process. By focusing on a long-term relationship with our clients and their exit strategy, we often begin our relationships as a trusted advisor. We bring our years of transactional and business experience to consult our clients on improving financial and operating performance. Our services:
- Assess current financial position and valuation
- Prepare business plans and financial projections
- Advise on internal business, legal, and financial/accounting due diligence
- Analyze current corporate structure and make recommendations
- Work with other professionals to determine optimal exit strategy
- Advise our clients on EBITDA and profit maximization